One of my favorite quick snacks while I am on the go are my protein balls! They are super simple to make and just as easy to grab on your way out of the house! Protein balls are such a great snack to keep on hand because they stay fresh for a while. They are also the perfect dorm room snack because all you need is a bowl and a fridge!
While these protein balls take a little longer to be completely ready to eat, they end up being the best grab and go snack once they are ready! I started making these last year and now I consistently have them stocked in my fridge. Honestly so tasty 😀
Here is the recipe for the most delicious protein balls.
I have mastered the art of these so you don’t have to! My favorite thing about these lil guys is that they are completely customizable – you pick the flavors and toppings! I like to call these ones Almond Joys 🙂
Almond Joy Protein Balls
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Protein Powder I use Arbonne's plant based protein powder but you can use any kind you like!
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Coconut Flakes
- Mix the oats, protein powder, and honey together. The mixture should be a little touch to combine but should not be super powdery. If it is, I add a splash of water to help it all combine!
- Slowly add in the chocolate chips and coconut flakes
- Once mixture is mixed together completely, shape it into one inch balls and place in a container or baking sheet. I use a rectangle container and separate the layers with parchment paper
- Once all of the mixture has been formed into balls, place in the fridge to set
- Let set for an hour and ENJOY 🙂
I mentioned that I love these protein balls because they are completely customizable. You can change anything ingredient to match your mood for a snack. Some of my favorite alternatives tooth’s snack is to change the flavor of protein powder I use as well as change the toppings.
Some toppings could be freeze dried fruit, white chocolate chips, chia seeds, or even peanut butter. The possibilities of these goodies are literally endless!
Want more snack ideas for college? I have an ultimate college snack list that includes healthy alternatives perfect for late night snacking!