Whether you are dating someone new or have been together for years, it is important to be able to hold a conversation. When you first meet someone that you see a potential future with, you should want to get to know them. Likewise, you should want to continue to learn more about the person you have been with for an extended period of time. The best way to do this is by asking them questions. So skip the surface level questions about favorite colors or animals. Wouldn’t you rather dive straight into the deep, meaningful relationship questions?
This post is all about relationship questions to ask your significant other.
We typically look for commonalities in the people we have relationships with. The only way to figure out compatibility with a person is by getting to know them. There is something amazing about knowing everything about a person and learning how their brain works. As a result of knowing someone better, you can develop a deeper connection to them.
The best way to figure out if someone is right for you is to know what is in their head and heart. Maybe you are just beginning a relationship or maybe you have been in one for years. No matter your situation, it is important to get to know the person you are with. To help you out, I have created a list of questions you can use to start (and hold) a meaningful conversation. The only way to learn what your partner thinks about controversial topics, the future, and your relationship is to ask them yourself. So take some time to ask each other these relationship questions and get to know each other a little better!
- What is your deepest fear?
- Would you rather spend your life diong what you are most passionate about or doing what makes you the most money?
- What is your worst habit?
- Describe your best memory
- Who do you look up to the most in life?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is something that no one knows about you?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Would you rather spend a day dealing with your biggest pet peeve or biggest fear?
- What quality do you like most about yourself?
- What was your first impression of me?
- Which song do you think best describes our relationship?
- How do you feel about people being friends with their exes?
- What do you appreciate most about me?
- Would you rather spend more time working or with your family?
- Do you believe emotional ‘cheating’ is just as bad as real cheating?
- Would you rather leave a big impact in the world or in your family?
- What is something you would never compromise on in a relationship?
Questions About Their Past & Future
- If you could relive one day in your life what would it be?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Would you rather carry on traditions from your childhood or start new ones?
- Is there anything you are ashamed of?
- If you could change anything about your childhood/past what would it be?
- What is the biggest life lesson you’ve learned?
Deep & Serious Questions
- Do you believe in fate?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- Can a positive outlook make any situation better?
- What makes you the happiest?
- Would you rather write your own obituary or have someone write it for you?
- What is the biggest struggle that you’ve ever faced?
- Do you think there is good in everyone?
- What would be your biggest dream come true?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
- What are you most thankful for?
You can initiate great conversations in many ways. Consider using these relationship questions as a way of beginning important conversations if you can’t think of another way. So keep a few of these questions in the back of your mind and there will never be an awkward silence again! You can see budget date suggestions to get ideas for an exciting date to have these conversations on! Most of all, remember that communication is an important factor of a healthy relationship.
I hope these questions help you get to know your significant other a little better! What is your go to question to ask someone you’re dating? Let me know in the comments!