sweet treat fruit pizza

The Best Summer Sweet Treat: Fruit Pizza

It is insane how much of a sweet tooth I have at all times of the day. While I try to eat healthy most of the time, I always leave some room in my day for a tasty sweet treat. My goal when it comes to health is to maintain a 80/20 diet. Each day, I try to keep 80% of my diet full of foods that make me feel my best (fuel my body). The other 20% of the day I save for treats (that fuel my soul). This has quickly become my favorite summer sweet treat and I knew I needed to share it with you.

I feel like Fruit Pizza is a weird name for this but I can’t really think of something better. Basically, just think of a delicious cookie concoction that you will want to eat for dessert every single night. It’s super easy and only requires 3 ingredients to create the literal best summer sweet treat!

How To Make This Tasty Summer Sweet Treat

Even if you aren’t a huge fan of cooking, this summer sweet treat is soooo easy! This Fruit Pizza will be a hit for you and all your friends too.

1. Flatten out sugar cookie dough for your “pizza” crust

I like to buy the sugar cookie dough log because you can choose what size crust to make. I find that the best is to make personalized sizes so that everyone can create their own. If you used the log, the perfect size is a slice that is a little more than half an inch thick. If you use precut cookie dough, you will want to combine two or three pieces.

Once you have your dough portion, you need to use your hands to flatten the dough into a circle. This will be the crust of your fruit pizza. Start flattening the cookie dough by pinching it while you are holding it. Once it starts to get thin, you can set it on the baking sheet and finish shaping the dough to the size you want.

2. Bake the crust

Using the cooking instructions on the packaging, bake the cookie crust for the fruit pizza. Keep in mind that time may vary depending on the size crust you have made. For a half inch thick slice from the log, I find that it takes about 6 minutes at 350 degrees. Also note that cookies finish baking even after they have been taken out of the oven, so you want it to be a little soft when you take it out.

3. Top with whipped cream

Once you have allowed the crust to cool, you get to start decorating your pizza! Using a spoon, add whipped cream to the top of your cookie crust and spread it around to cover the surface.

4. Top with fruit

This is the best part, besides eating it of course! You can choose different fruit to top your pizza with. My favorite is fresh sliced strawberries. Some other options are blueberries or sliced bananas.

Summer Sweet treat: fruit pizza

Fruit Pizza

This summer sweet treat is the perfect combination of fresh and sweet. Top with your favorite fruit and be prepared to make this every night!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Course Dessert
Servings 1 Fruit Pizza

Ingredients
  

  • 2 pieces precut sugar cookie dough or half inch of cookie dough log
  • 3 tbsp cool whip
  • 3 sliced strawberries or preffered fruit

Instructions
 

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Form the cookie dough into a thin circle and place on baking sheet
  • Bake for 6 minutes and let cool completely
  • Top with cool whip and spread over cookie "crust"
  • Finish with fruit

feel free to print the recipe for this delicious summer sweet treat and enjoy year round!

Similar Posts