It’s easy to talk about things we love: Netflix, cats, pizza and burgers. What isn’t always easy is to talk about the way we need to be loved. One of my favorite exercise to do in a relationship is the Love Languages quiz. If you aren’t sure what that is, it derived from a book written by relationship expert Gary Chapman. He identifies the five love languages as Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, and Physical Touch.
This post is all about words of affirmations and how they can benefit your relationship.
Each person has a different style of love (or the way you want to receive love), and knowing which style you are can be beneficial for your current or future relationship. Taking the quiz at the beginning of any relationship can be extremely beneficial. It’s important that you learn each other’s love language so that you can love each other the best to your ability. If your significant other doesn’t know your love language but you expect them to love you in the way you want, it could lead to arguments or tension in the relationship.
I highly recommend you read the book and take the quiz, both linked above. If your love language is words of affirmation, you enjoy when your loved ones give you compliments and tell you what they love and appreciate about you. You like it even more when they tell you why they feel those ways about you.
If you know what your love language is, and it happens to be words of affirmation, this post will be great for you. Even if you don’t have words of affirmation as your love language, it is still beneficial for you to know some words of affirmation so that you can speak positivity into the lives of your loved ones.
Here Are 20 Words of Affirmations
- Thank you for all that you do
- I’m so lucky to have met you
- You make me a better person
- I am so proud of you for chasing you dreams
- You inspire me
- I really appreciate you when you do…
- Thank you for working so hard
- You are amazing
- Thank you for helping me
- You make me feel safe
- I don’t know what I would do without you
- You bring out the best in me
- I have so much fun with you
- You bring me so much joy
- I couldn’t have done this without you
- Thank you for caring
- You make me stronger
- I really admire your inner strength
- You make me so happy
- Thank you for helping provide for us
- You’re an incredible person
- You never stop giving
- Thank you for standing by me
- I wouldn’t want any other life than the one I am living with you.
- You’re my best friend
10 Bonus Affirmations
- Thank you for supporting my dreams
- I am so happy to call you mine
- You mean the world to me
- I am blessed to have you in my life
- You inspire me
- I am proud of you because…
- Did I tell you how grateful I am that you are my partner?
- I am here if you need me. I’m always in your corner supporting you.
- I’m the happiest when you make me laugh.
- Thank you so much for your sacrifices
I hope that you find these words of affirmation helpful. Don’t worry if this love language doesn’t come natural to you (it doesn’t for me), you will get better at it. Let me know in the comments what your love language is or if you have any other words of affirmation!
*This post contains an affiliate link to the love languages book. This means that if you decide to buy the book, I get a small percentage. If you would like to know more, you can read my disclosure.